Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:55:11 +0100

> Actually, in a large game, one of the most tedious parts is moving large
> numbers of units across channels by transports: move to the port, sentry,
> activate transport, move it to the next port, unload, send transport back,
> continue journey.  A railroad over water would be much easier.

I was once in a large map, generator 3 game that was aborted for this
reason only.

What about a 'auto-ferry' command?  This would summon a ship to move
between two tiles, trying to maximise the transportation of units on
'goto' that need the connection.  The goto command would need to be
rewritten to use ferry lines.

I am not keen on adding yet another 'auto-*' command but it would be useful.

--
Reinier