Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv @ windoze

To: Todd Goodman <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'Lalo Martins'" <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv @ windoze
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 12:05:05 -0500

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 10:43:35AM -0500, Todd Goodman was heard to say:
> I'd just like to clarify that there are currently *no* modifications
> necessary for freeciv in order to compile under cygwin.
>
> configure works as expected.
>
> That said, I'm happy to build binaries and to look into any issues
> that arise as long as I have the time.
>
> You're right, once compiled it works on any X server.  I just don't
> have any information about the free or trial X servers available.
> The only free X server I know of is MicroImages
> (http://tnt.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/) which is reported
> to have some limitations.  Starnet provides a two hour test drive
> (http://www.starnet.com/docs/xwin32.html).
>
> I'll see if I can hack up a quick web page with the appropriate
> information today.
>
> Todd

  Has anyone tried to build the GTK+ client with the Win32-native version of
GTK+?  (although given that the GTK+ client is a little unstable and Windows
tends to die horribly when an app segfaults, it might be problematic.. :-) )

  Daniel