RE: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv @ windoze

To: "'Lalo Martins'" <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv @ windoze
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 10:43:35 -0500

I'd just like to clarify that there are currently *no* modifications
necessary for freeciv in order to compile under cygwin.

configure works as expected.

That said, I'm happy to build binaries and to look into any issues
that arise as long as I have the time.

You're right, once compiled it works on any X server.  I just don't
have any information about the free or trial X servers available.
The only free X server I know of is MicroImages
(http://tnt.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/) which is reported
to have some limitations.  Starnet provides a two hour test drive
(http://www.starnet.com/docs/xwin32.html).

I'll see if I can hack up a quick web page with the appropriate
information today.

Todd

http://www.webcom.com/lalo      mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxx
                 pgp key in the web page