Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gameplay

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gameplay
From: schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Schaefer)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 18:46:44 +0100

I bet the following posts adress most of what can be said already;
so just one point:

* Balance.  In 1500 BC (or thereabouts) musketeers were dropped outside
my cities.  This doesn't seem so good to me.

You are right.
The timing is different from civ1 and the foodboxsize is different from civII.
I sent a patch to fix the time step, but apparently the maintainer found it too
boring. The mailing list archives should have it.
Or maybe it's somewhere visible on my spyindex.html(website below).

* Client control of server.  This is a big architectural change, I assume.
Seconded. But there is a problem with this, some people might get their host
hacked
or diskspace wasted if this is not done right or if they are lazy.
So I suppose saveturns/save options would be disabled.

--
Peter Schaefer           mailto:schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
coz' hackers LOVE irix