Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gameplay

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gameplay
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:03:11 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Peter Schaefer wrote:
> * Client control of server.  This is a big architectural change, I assume.

Not necessarily. civclient could spawn a civserver process, and control it
by issueing commands to it as a user would. A "server" menu could be
added to the client, and that would be about it. The console patch makes
this easier (that is why I added the "rfcstyle"). I'll try to finish that
patch soon...

> Seconded. But there is a problem with this, some people might get their host
> hacked
> or diskspace wasted if this is not done right or if they are lazy.

Hmm... how safe is civserver really? There is not much in the way of
length checking in the server code as far as I can see.

Yours,
Per