Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tileset infomation files

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tileset infomation files
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:05:42 +1100

Mitch Davis wrote:

[ re the Ralf Engels tiles; sorry, the URL should have been:
http://msowww.anu.edu.au/~dwp/freeciv/patches/engels_tiles.tar.gz ]

> David Pfitzner wrote:
> >
> > One downside of including them in the main freeciv distribution
> > is that it would make the distrib substantially larger, but I
> > think its probably worth it.
>
> Would enough people agree to drop the existing tiles in favour
> of the Ralf Engels tiles?

Now that we have the code to select from multiple tilesets
from the client command line (and maybe in the future with
an initial dialog) I'm proposing we ship both.

The Ralf Engels ones look nicer, but the current ones are
smaller, and use less colours, and some people prefer
them due to familiarity (and associated recognisability of
units etc).

I'm not sure which should be the default though, or whether
non-default ones should be available separately rather than
included in the distribution.

-- David