Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tileset infomation files

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tileset infomation files
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Jan 1999 14:41:01 +0100

    Trent> I finished with my reorganizing of the XPM file locations.
    Trent> It now works ok, I can start the client with -tiles civ2 to
    Trent> get the tiles stolen from civ2, or -tiles dwp to get the
    Trent> new units David made.

This is really cool. I guess you can't change them at run time,
because of widget sizes...?

One problem I have with it: it seems the position of the images is
still hardcoded. It would be nice to have that configurable, too,
e. g.

[Armor]
image=foo.xpm
pos.x=90
pos.y=120
size.x=30
size.y=20

or so, to allow to take bitmaps from different files withoud having to
fire up a graphics program to merge them.

        Falk