Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tileset infomation files

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tileset infomation files
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:23:43 +1100

David Pfitzner wrote:

> Good stuff.  Now, do we want to distribute more tile sets with freeciv,
> or as separate add-ons, or... ?  Obvious we can't distrib the civ2
> ones, but I think we should add the Ralf Engels tiles (would need
> minor adjustment for the roads).

I've put the Ralf Engels tiles at
http://msowww.anu.edu.au/~dwp/patches/engels_tiles.tar.gz

To see them in action you'll still have to adjust the roads
or use an older freeciv version (eg, use 1.7.2 and replace the
old units.xpm and tiles.xpm with the Engels ones).

One downside of including them in the main freeciv distribution
is that it would make the distrib substantially larger, but I
think its probably worth it.

-- David