Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More on spys.....

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More on spys.....
From: Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 14:48:33 +0000

On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 01:55:34PM +1100, David Pfitzner wrote:

> I had an idea that veteran spies had better chances at success etc
> (maybe in Civ2 if not freeciv), but now I can't find anything to support
> that.  (It would make sense though :-)

In CivII veteran spies are more likely to succeed in counterespionage
industrial sabotage and stealing advances, according to the manual.
The offical strategy guide says they are 50% more effective.  Neither
seems to document any advantage for veteran diplomats - perhaps that was
in CivI.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/