Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] More on spys.....

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] More on spys.....
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:05:38 +1300

Due to some new functionality I've added lately I am considering removing the
foul flag from spies/diplomats which seems an unneeded complication, and using
instead the veteran status to `colour' the diplomats reputation.

The would avoid some of the kludgey stuff that was added and make a cleaner
and more consistent interface.

Now the problems:

I notice that COMMUNISM currently makes spies/diplomats veterans.  At the
moment this doesn't actually do anything anyway.  Does anyone object to this
disappearing and veterans spies are simply treated as foul and are therefore
unable to create embassies.

Alternatively, a COMMUNIST government could be left as is, and as a
consequence not be able to form embassies.  I imagine you'll howl at this ;)

--

Cheers Kris...