Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More on spys.....

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More on spys.....
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:05:58 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Kris Bubendorfer wrote:
> 1.  In CivII Spies can't found embassies.

Are you sure about that? I seem to remember the opposite. How could you
establish an embassy after inventing spies otherwise? (Spies obsoleted
diplomats, if I remember correctly.)

> 2.  Freeciv people did not want to give up this ability, so a compromise
>     was to ensure that only spies that hadn't been up to no good could
>     found embassies.

Spies usually die anyway ( or at least they do when coming for me :), so
why bother?

> Everybody was a little concerned how powerful they'd got.  Personally, I
> still
> think cities are too cheap, and CIV aside, perhaps we need to reevaluate the
> formula ourselves.

IMHO we should just disable bribery of cities.

Yours,
Per