Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] configure changes

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] configure changes
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 10:20:19 -0500

David Pfitzner (dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Ok, I've made a best effort at integrating configure-related patches
> into CVS.  Please test things and see if they work for you.

The programs built fine on my Debian GNU/Linux system.

However, the link line on the client looked like this:

gcc -g -O2  -o civclient  canvas.o chatline.o citydlg.o civclient.o climisc.o
clinet.o colors.o connectdlg.o dialogs.o diplodlg.o finddlg.o gotodlg.o
graphics.o helpdlg.o inputdlg.o inteldlg.o mapctrl.o mapview.o menu.o
messagedlg.o messagewin.o optiondlg.o packhand.o pixcomm.o plrdlg.o ratesdlg.o
repodlgs.o resources.o xmain.o xstuff.o ../common/libcivcommon.a  -lSM -lICE
-L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lSM -lICE -lXaw -lXpm -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11  -lnsl

Relevant lines from client/Makefile are:

LDFLAGS =
LIBS = -lnsl
X_CFLAGS =  -I/usr/X11R6/include
X_LIBS =  -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lSM -lICE
X_EXTRA_LIBS = -lXaw -lXpm -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11
X_PRE_LIBS =  -lSM -lICE

The SM and ICE libraries are being doubled up (and appear once before
the -L/usr/X11R6/lib).  This will probably cause problems on some other
systems.

The attached patch fixes it on my system.

--
"Daddy, why do those people have to    |   Greg Wooledge
  use Microsoft Windows?"              |   wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx