Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] configure changes

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] configure changes
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:14:26 +1100

Ok, I've made a best effort at integrating configure-related patches
into CVS.  Please test things and see if they work for you.

x-OLD-freeciv-dev-9809/msg00264.html) I haven't put in (and don't intend to
for the moment):

zlib stuff
  Has complications, leave for after 1.7.2
data/Freeciv autogenerated from data/Freeciv.in for version
  I dn't want to have to run configure whenever data/Freeciv(.in) changed,
  and don't want an extra step:
  data/Freeciv.in -> data/Freeciv -> client/Freeciv.h
AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM
  Would mean we have to distribute extra files config.guess and config.sub (?)
  Is it useful for anything/anyone?

xaw3d configure-integration: separate patch coming for people to test.

Other notes:

I've added acinclude.m4;  I just realized I have to work out what to do
re stamp-h and stamp-h.in re the distribution, and re cvs...

Now that we have config.h it would be nice to have -DFREECIV_DATADIR
there instead of the command line, but I couldn't work out how to do
it properly.

I think more configure work still needs to be done to allow building
only the server on a machine without X libs.

Regards,
-- David