Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#11009) AI Hunts Own Units

To: badamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#11009) AI Hunts Own Units
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:38:31 -0800

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Benedict Adamson wrote:

> Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > This patch is a band-aid.  The real problem is that is_player_dangerous
> > seems to return TRUE on self (according to the bug report).  This
> > shouldn't happen.  Please investigate why does it happen and fix it there.
>
> Attached is a better fix, with comments indicating some of the related
> peculiarities.

The comments are good, the fix is not much better, since you just shift
the band aid to a different place.  We have to know which one of the
conditions is actually malfunctioning.

Jason: the first patch is probably better of the two for S2_0, because
it's more localized.  But I would like to get to the heart of the problem
too (although the real fix might be unsuitable for S2_0).

Best wishes,
Gr