Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10941) AI builds cities inside territory of it's al

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10941) AI builds cities inside territory of it's allies
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:14:15 -0800

Mateusz Stefek wrote:

> http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=473
> This patch should prevent it. Not really tested

This should only be in effect on NORMAL (or even EASY) and below I think.

Aside from which isn't not really perfect.  If we have two cities 10
tiles apart the AI should happily build a city one or two tiles inside
my borders.  What it shouldn't do is build a city in the middle of all
my cities just because I happen to leave a tile or two unused.

Although personally after the AI did this the first time I realized the
error of my ways and never left any tiles unused!

jason