Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10110) AI underestimates Temples

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10110) AI underestimates Temples
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 06:56:48 -0700

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Mateusz Stefek wrote:
> Hmm, it doesn't work (I was testing it on a very advanced game)
> Here's my patch. I think now AI plays much better.
> Main problem is that values measured in percentages are treated in the
> same way as those mesured in pieces.

But are EFT_*_DEFEND measured in percentages? Your patch seems to assume
so. IIRC this is not the case.

> When AI build temple or colloseum it doesn't rearange workers in next
> turns, so the effect of the building isn't applied.

Right. But this not related to effects. We need to add a callback from the
building code in the server to the AI, so that we can rearrange when
something is built. Earlier it used rearrange every city every turn, but I
removed this to speed up the AI. We should only rearrange when something
has changed.