Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: pre-patch to new settler code

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: pre-patch to new settler code
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:03:21 +0200

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 11:42:20AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > Should settlers avoid huts? Once one was lucky, but the second
> > case was killed by barbarians.
>
> Hut = danger in new pf code, Greg?

This has nothing to do with is_pos_dangerous. Using get_MC or get_TB
you can avoid huts. With get_EC you can make huts more or less
desirable.

> > This may be only a problem of the observation mode, but cities
> > were oscillating wildly with their specs. Example: all workers
> > were scientists, so food was getting lower. But the next turn
> > they had produced food normally, and they were shown as scientists
> > again.
>
> I can't remember having seen this. I usually don't watch cities very
> closely, though.

The question here is if values (also for the government) are back the
at the end of turn before the real calculations start.

> > I got this message, but it didn't seem to affect functionality:
> > 1: Encountered an inconsistency in add_adjust_workers() for city Dublin
>
> Known problem. Unknown cause.

The cause is known. Ask Jason.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  +#if defined(__alpha__) && defined(CONFIG_PCI)