Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: December 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#2477) Improved Auto-Explore

Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#2477) Improved Auto-Explore
From: "Cameron Morland via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:53:03 -0800

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 04:08:14PM -0800, Gregory Berkolaiko via RT wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> Quoting Gregory Berkolaiko via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Quoting Cameron Morland via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Understood.  You still haven't answered my second question though.

Uh... I guess. Your modifications look fine.

> Well, I just changed the code without waiting for the answer.  Attached is my
> result.  Most notable changes:
>
> 1. I decided that distance 3 from a friendly city is not good enough.  We want
> our own, we don't give a damn about our allies.

OK, I agree.

> 2. As you can see I prefer ( ? : ) operator to if-else.

It's fine with me, I prefer it too under some circumstances.

> 3. Instead of pow I re-use amortize.  The multiplier of 5 reproduces your 0.8
> weighting: (23/24)^5 = 0.81.  Amortize is better because it's (a) faster and
> (b)
> can be made even faster.

Sure. 0.8 was noticeably better than 0.9, but I couldn't see any difference
by adjusting it slighty.

> 4. Conerted consts to defines and some other style issues.

I'm more fond of consts, but it doesn't matter.

> Please feel free to criticize :(
>

> All others: I intend to commit this patch soon (when Cameron blesses my
> changes,
> basically).  So comment now or...

ssh from a windows box over a modem. Ugh.

Your mods appear to be fine, and I assume that it compiles. It shouldn't behave
significantly differently.

--