Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Patch] Limited huts.

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Patch] Limited huts.
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:58:34 -0800 (PST)

--- Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wow, Raahul is back!
>
> Actually I wanted to do as you say, but Per suggested no mercs, so I
> agreed.  I am not fussed about it.
>
> G.

Not yet I'm not ; ). I'll be back when my first patch gets in CVS, and not
before.

Per? Reasons please. I think Greg's original idea sounds great. I know you
don't want to make the easy AI obviously crippled, but I'm OK with letting the
players play an obviously lobotomized AI. After all, that is why medium and
hard difficulty levels exist.

Frankly, this is due to my rather pathetic imagination. I don't see how to make
the easy AI easy without major crippling. We can't take away omniscience.

> On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
>

> > --- Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Easy AI will not get mercs from huts.  If the dice roll is for mercs, the
>
> > > hut goes -pop- and gives nothing.
> > >
> > > G.
> >

> > If I may ask, why not just deny the easy AI everything from huts? Techs and
> > gold can just be just as bad. Stick that
> >
> > if (!ai_handicap(unit_owner(punit), H_LIMITEDHUTS)) {
> >
> > everywhere. If you want to be really cruel, deny them the ability to build
> > musketeers and knights, and you've made the AI very weak.
> >
> > Aloha,
> > RK.

Aloha,
RK.

Yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision... But today well-lived
makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
-from the Sanskrit