Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Generalised improvements AI support

To: Freeciv-ai <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Generalised improvements AI support
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:51:23 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Explain your viewpoint. I'm not sure why you don't like generalised buildings.
> I would have thought you'd like the idea of making Freeciv like a game engine.
> Plug in the right ruleset, and you transform it from Civ 1,2,3 or SMAC.

Huh? I think generalised buildings is the best thing since sliced bread. I
just don't see the necessity of taking exactly the same approach to units.

Yours,
Per

"The only thing that keeps the system working at all is that the United
States, the richest country in the world, has become the "deficit of last
resort." This is the ultimate irony: the financial system allows the United
States to live year after year beyond its means, buying abroad far more
goods than it sells, even as the US Treasury, year after year, lectures
others on why they should not do so." -- Joseph Stiglitz