Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Generalised improvements AI support

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-ai <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Generalised improvements AI support
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:29:24 +0100

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:32:42PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> Ben: If I understood this correctly you can't give numbers how much
> gen-impr affects an autogame because the AI hasn't been adopted?!

        Not at all. You can still run autogames; the AI won't use the
impr-gen code, but the rest of the server code will, so every time you
call generic_city_refresh, or have combat, etc., impr-gen is in action.
I have run autogames in the past and looked at the profiles, and I don't
see a noticeable CPU hit (well, not any more, since I optimised the
combat code). Obviously I can't say how much extra CPU the AI code itself
would use with impr-gen, since it doesn't use it in its calculations
yet. I don't have these profiles any more, but could certainly generate
some if it helps.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I was a modest, good-humoured boy. It is Oxford that has made me