Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Generalised improvements AI support

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-ai <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Generalised improvements AI support
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 23:26:49 -0400

At 10:49 PM 02/05/07 +0200, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
>On Tue, 7 May 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:

>> Something that should be added as Todo in the AI doc, Per. Well, AI does
>> apparently use ports. I seem to have come across a function
>> find_nearest_friendly_port. I haven't the slightest idea if this is ever
used.
>> Can anyone confirm/deny?
>
>Confirm. When an AI naval vessel does not find a target, it bolts back to
>nearest allied port where it stays until a target can be found. It does
>not seek out a port to heal, however.

In some worlds, naval vessels go exploring when they run out of immediate
targets. Usually this finds new ones. When they get too far from friendly
city/ports exploring types head home, but only to stock up on supplies
and get new orders.

And like ground units, they seek nearby ports to heal with a preference
for those with naval facilities.

>Yours,
>Per
>
>"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
>and those who don't."

Cheers,
RossW
=====