Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2007:
[aclug-L] Re: aclug.org ready for renweal

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: aclug.org ready for renweal
From: Jason Klein <jklein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:49:50 -0600

John,

I would prefer to transfer the "aclug.org" domain to our registrar
(OpenSRS).  This will allow us to setup automated renewals in our
system so that the domain is automatically renewed each year.  With
the number of domain names we handle, this is the only feasible way
for us to sponsor a domain name registration without letting the
renewal slip through the cracks in the future.  If we renew the
domain through GHANDI right now, we will not be able to transfer the
domain for 60+ days due to registrar rules.  Fortunately, we still
have plenty of time to perform a transfer.

To proceed with a transfer, please unlock the domain name so that the
"Status" on the WHOIS page no longer returns "Client Transfer
Prohibited".  It is not possible for us to begin a transfer until the
domain name is unlocked.
http://tools.dnihost.net/whois/?query=aclug.org

Clint will receive a request to approve the transfer since he is the
administrative contact.  No transfer may succeed without his
approval, even if the domain name has been unlocked.

After the transfer, we would change the Billing Contact to DNI.
Based on the discussions from 01/12, we would plan to change the
Technical Contact to John G and the Admin Contact to Dale H.  I will
need to confirm the contact information with John and Dale before we
make these changes since some folks are particular about the info we
list in their WHOIS record.  Does this sound correct?

We would also need to make sure that the transfer does not affect DNS
services.  It appears that one DNS server is provided by the current
registrant.  I assume this server was providing secondary DNS and
have already provisioned one of our secondary DNS servers to replace
this server.

Let us know if we can assist you with any of the hosting.  We would
be glad to help!

Jason

--
Jason Klein