Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2004:
[aclug-L] Another Question

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Another Question
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:47:26 -0600

When I download and run an rpm, it installs the program in a particular place
where the rpm's author knows it should be.

When I download a tarred program, untar it and run make, sometimes it stays
right where the untarred directory is and other times it knows where it
should be and installs there.  How does one decide where to put the untarred
program before running make ./configure and install?  Or does it matter?
bruce