Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: PVR (TIVO) software

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: PVR (TIVO) software
From: Noah Romer <nromer@xxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 14:06:59 -0600

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 00:00, David E Carmichael wrote:
> Does anybody here know of 'Linux' based freeware for TIVO style
> system?
>
> I have a 950mhz Duron / 512mb system that I want to convert to a
> TIVO style device.
>
> Video out is an AGP ATI 7000 dual head based clone
> TV card is currently a mono Conexant based PCI card
>
> Added feature that I would like to be able to record to
> VCD/MPEG-1 {CD-ROM} any of the recorded programs.
>
> While I can find software for the system using Win-XP.... I would
> really like to set the system up using Linux since both Tivo and
> Replay use Linux based software..
A couple of PVR projects I've come across in the past are: Video Disk
Recorder <http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/software.htm> and The
Dave/Dina Project <http://davedina.apestaart.org/content/>. If you go to
slashdot, there are fairly regular story postings about PVR software
projects (just search on PVR).

--
Noah Romer          |"Calm down, it's only ones and zeros." - this message
klevin@xxxxxxxxxx   |brought to you by The Network

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part