Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:24:24 -0600

> Yes.  It's because your mailer is doing quoted-printable encoding but
says
> its doing 8-bit encoding.  I suspect it is a bug with your mail reader,
but
> you may be able to configure it differently.  Try turning off 8-bit
> encoding, if you can find that option somewhere.

in the preferences of kmail, on one of the panes (excuse me for not being
able to know exactly...  i've been stuck in windows for a while) there is a
drop-down menu that says "8-bit encoding"...  choose the other option
listed there (i do not recall what it is offhand) and that should fix the
problem :)

gLaNDix

p.s. to the orig poster of the =20-ridden e-mail.. don't worry, many others
have posted here with kmail not realizing that was happening...  myself
included :)