Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Case/CPU fan noise

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Case/CPU fan noise
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:56:20 -0500

First - thanks to everybody that replied!!

Second - I guess that I had better state my case a little bit better here...

The 'BUZz.' is more like the fan speed.. if you have a three speed box fan
..as you change the speed of the fan the sound that the fan makes changes.
Its really not like the sounds that a bad fan makes.. that sounds more along
the lines of "ZZWaZZWaZZWaZZWa" or at least every CPU / POWER SUPPLY that I
have ever go bad has sounded more like that.

So I am looking for a way to baffle the sounds, with out traping the heat..

FYI: on my new Athlon system 'HP' made a 'HEAT PIPE' (chimney)  that not
only helps reduce the fan noise.. but also directs the heat from the CPU out
of the case!

--David