Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Network coaxial cable 2-base-10 to Cat-5 10/100 connection

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Network coaxial cable 2-base-10 to Cat-5 10/100 connection.
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 10:26:44 -0500

Yes I know I have my terms a bit mixed up... but it is a thin coaxial cable
..with a BNC connector, that I have between rooms in my home and then the HUB
that I have has a BNC UPLINK connection where the network is then connected to
my BROADBAND ROUTER which is then connected to my DSL modem.

10-Base-2 uses coaxial cable.(RG-58 50-ohm cable)
10-Base-T uses cat-3/4/5 cables W/RJ45 connection
100TX and higher currently use RJ45 with Cat-5/7 cables... but some are moving
to fiber optics.

--David