Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Second or new harddrive in WinXP?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Second or new harddrive in WinXP?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 23:47:16 -0500

Ok everybody don't jump on me... but I am wanting to add a second harddrive
to a WinXP system and I am a bit confused.

In Linux, and most older versions of windows you needed to do a 'FDISK' to
set up you partitions, outside of the main operating system.

Do you not need to do this on a WinXP system??

Everything I can seem to find on the topic says to just install the hardware
per manufacture, Turn on computer, allow XP to start and run "compmgmt.msc"
to create partitions and format the drive...

Do you really do this inside of Windows now?