Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Second or new harddrive in WinXP?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Second or new harddrive in WinXP?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 17:16:30 -0500

FYI:

Ok I just went ahead and installed the harddrive after blowing away the
older FAT32 partition and connected it as the second drive to the XP system
with out 'FDISK'ing the drive, {really on the system in question I had to
set the drive as cable select on the jumpers}

Set the BIOS and rebooted.

On reboot allowed XP to startup.

It found the new hardware and a wizard popped up allowing me to set the
partition size and format the drive with either FAT32 or NTFS.

Shoot in many ways that was a whole lot easier than the FDISK + FORMAT way
of getting a harddrive ready for use by an operating system!

--David