Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Having troubles wrapping my brain around this concept.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Having troubles wrapping my brain around this concept.
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 10:08:10 -0500

Having troubles wrapping my brain around this concept;

So will a 10Mbps network connection have the bandwidth to move all the data
that a 52X CD-ROM can pump out?

Are the blow numbers correct??

10Mbps = 10,000,000 bytes per second
52X = 624000 bytes per second

Or should the 52X = 4,992,000 bytes per second?

So a 52X CD-Rom would only use half of the bandwidth of a 10-base-T coaxial
network connection??

--David