Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Please help save SaturdaySale computer sale

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Please help save SaturdaySale computer sale
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 07:30:21 -0600

* jlweaver <jlweaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2002 Mar 17 07:11 -0600]:

> Add to your list the Village Flea Market,
>     the people who sell T shirts, Velvet Paintings,  ad nauseam..

What about the people that setup out of a van and sell T-shirts, stuffed
toys and other items in strip-mall parking lots around town.  Surely
they'd fall under the same ordinance.  This could have also been applied
to the ham radio flea market and swap meet that used to be held in
Wichita, now it's in Valley Center.  Any event where folks are selling
any kind of item would fall under this thing.

> This means that Randy Sparkman will have to work evenings, and Saturday and
> Sunday to equally apply the ordinance..  He is going to be one tired puppy.
> Think of the city overtime - not only his wages , but two police officers who
> will have to accompany him each and every time he serves a citation.  He may
> have to have around-the-clock protection.  Our taxes will have to be raised to
> support this ordinance.  And of course our Mayor, 'his highness', will have to
> get into the thing to promote his bid for Governor.  What a tangled web we
> weave.  I say, "it is time to put a stop to this foolishness."
> +++++++++++

<heading_off_topic>

Nice to see you have a firm grip on Wichita politicos.  I shudder to
think that King Bob should become governer.  His first priority will be
to screw the rest of the state for some reason, as he believes Western
Resources has been overcharging Wichita for electricity.  This may or
may not be the case, but we get our power from the Jeffery Energy
Center, a coal fired plant northwest of Topeka.  To be honest, I can't
say my electric bill is cheaper here than when I lived in Wichita.  But,
King Bob will probably force Western Resources to raise our rates
anyway.

I'd just as soon he stayed Duke of Wichita rather than King of Kansas.

</heading_off_topic>

-Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | sleeping giant and