Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: An idea -- any volunteers/helpers?
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:27:05 -0600

While we certainly can do a meeting on kernel compilation, I'm not sure I
see a real need.  From what I've read and seen, most people these days use a
pre-compiled modular kernel that comes with their distribution.  I see
kernel compilation as mostly necessary when dealing with specialized
hardware or in ram limited situations. And I don't really see it as a new
user topic, I'd classify it as midlevel or advanced.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Secretary - info@xxxxxxxxx