Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2001:
[aclug-L] Base memory 512kb and extend memory 31744KB

To: ACLUG_DISCUSSION <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Base memory 512kb and extend memory 31744KB
From: Maverick <mluvw47@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:18:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all

I have a PII-233, and it has
Base memory 512kb and extend memory 31744KB
on boot up it show 32M memory,
I tried to install Debian, so I put the bootable
Debian cd on the cdrom . When it boot, it shows:

" SYSLINUX 1.48xxxx Copyright.
It appears your computer has less than 608k of the
low("Dos") RAM. Linux needs at least this amount to
boot. If you get this message in error, hold down the
Ctrl key while booting, and I will take you word for
it.
Boot failed."

When I hold the Ctrl key, it shows the Welcome to
Debian page, with the prompt "boot: "
I don't know what agrument should I put after the
boot, if I just hit the enter key. It show
"Boot fail: please change disks and press a key to
continue."

I tried to put a Debian boot disk, it still generate
the same error.

Anyone has any idea what should I do? any argument
should I tried? please help.
Thanks.

Regards,
Mav