Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Base memory 512kb and extend memory 31744KB

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Base memory 512kb and extend memory 31744KB
From: Benjamin Bunck <bbunck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:00:57 -0500 (CDT)

Okay, sorry about my original message, but I think it is:

boot: linux mem=32M

Does that work?

If it does, you might have to place the line:

append="mem=32M"

within /etc/lilo.conf in order to get the machine to boot
correctly after the install.  Be sure to run /sbin/lilo aftwards.

I don't know exactly where this problem comes from, but it seems to be
related to some 2.2 and earlier kernels.  When I installed debian on my
machine with 160M once, it recognized only something like 12M.

If you get things running, execute the command "free" to see if Linux
recognized all of your RAM.

Ben