Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: KDE Ver2?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: KDE Ver2?
From: Lars von dem Ast <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:15:50 +0000

David Carmichael wrote:

Has anybody here installed KDE Ver2?  (or are all you guys command line
users?)

Must the release match the Linux Distrubition?

After about a year of trying I was able to get WinLinux to finnaly up and
running on my PC/CHIPS motherboard based system and it uses a version of
SLACKWARE & KDE.

--David

I just got the basic Mandrake 7.2 which comes with (release candidate 1?) KDE 2. I'm not all that impressed, but I don't think I have the final KDE 2. I've had stuff lock up the graphics so tight that only a cold reboot would bring me out. I've since switched over to Enlightenment. However, again, I don't think I'm blaming KDE, rather, poorly-written Mandrake Shovelware. I've tried Mandrake twice now and feel like I'm dealing with Packard Bell Windows 3.1. Red Hat and especially Suse are good KDE distributions.

LvdA