Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: How to restore a partition table

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: How to restore a partition table
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 10:49:25 -0500

I was just reading something in Extreme Linux on this, I'll bring it
tonight. Also we have one copy of partition magic, which we could let
you borrow.

james l wrote:

> This has been a bad week (and more), now my big hard drive's partition table
> died. I found the Partition rescue howto, and don't have a sheet, and they
> are extended, so it recomends that you get partion magic. Any suggestions?
>
> what it has
> 4 primary (#2 is an extended)
> 16 logical partitions
> the partions range from 64MB to 10 GB, and have everything except my
> machine's root and boot partitions.
>
> Sugestions?
> I am going to get Partition Magic in a while if no one comes up with anything
> better.
>
>  James L
>
> PS I think that what caused kmail's problems was the non-deletion of the
> .kde/apps/kmail/tmp files. If it happens again send me (not the list) an
> e-mail. my kmail.old script now rm -rf s the tmp dir.
>
> Also wordperfect office works with rh7, if you go into the wpolauncher
> (wordperfect, and every other thing link to it) and delete lines 142 -174 or
> so (the section about fontastic)

Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
President Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---
"While not obviously a business-friendly license there are certain
aspects of
the GNU license which are attractive, believe it or not, for commercial
purposes."

  -- Brian Behlendorf on OSS (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and
Associates)