Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] setting up Apache for CGI

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] setting up Apache for CGI
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 02:57:57 -0500

I am trying to get Apache to allow CGI scripts from user cgi-bin
directories. I've looked at the Web HOWTO, and at apache.org for help, but
can't find an answer to my problem.

Basically, I'm trying to get it set up so users have a .public_html
directory in their home directory for web pages, and cgi-bin within that. I
think I have that set up correctly, because if I don't name a CGI *.cgi, it
will output the cgi script source in the browser. Otherwise, the error
(500) I always get is:

to complete your request.

The logs say "Premature end of script headers", but I'm positive the script
is correctly formatted , since I've used it in other places. It has the two
newlines following the content-type. I've tried both a perl script and a
shell script. Any suggestions?

John