Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: setting up Apache for CGI - Getting closer.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: setting up Apache for CGI - Getting closer.
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 02:50:41 -0500

As Clint said, it could be your script. You can try running it on the
command line to see the output, and if it is printing "Content-Type:
text/html" followed by two newlines.

I think I had mentioned this here, but I was getting the same error from my
CGIs, but it wasn't a problem with my scripts. This is mentioned in the
Apache FAQ at apache.org as also being a clue that you have a problem with
suexec. This was my problem, however I didn't know I had it installed and
dismissed the possibility. Check to see if you have it. My main problem
with suexec was that it was compiled with the option that web pages are
contained in ~/public_html, but I use .public_html, and it was confused.

John