Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: setting up Apache for CGI

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: setting up Apache for CGI
From: Andrew Peck <apeck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 00:55:48 -0500

Hmm. This thread caught my eye.  I am working with some cgi but I seem to be
having a different problem all together.  I don't get the  internal error, but
it tells me "Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/munky.cgi on this server."
munky.cgi being the perl script.  I have changed all of the permissions on the
file, checked the directory permisions and still no dice. anyone out there got
any ideas? it is an apache server< i dont know what version

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000,  Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> You probably need a ScriptAlias command in you httpd.conf
> file. Something on the order of:
>
> ScriptAlias /~foobar/cgi-bin/ /home/foobar/.public_html/cgi-bin/
>
> In addition, you could be getting messed up by the suexec module if
> you have the compiled in and do not have it configured correctly. Or
> perhaps if you have some permission problems that suexec doesn't like.

~snip~
--
Windows 98 is *NOT* a virus - viruses are small and efficient.