Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: DNS TEST

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: DNS TEST
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:38:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, David Carmichael wrote:

> I use SWBI as my current ISP and have been having troubles accessing a web
> site for the last two weeks that I had no troubles with before.
>
> Please do a trace route and send me a copy of your findings.
>
> The web site HTTP://WWW.INFOBEAT.COM

I might point out that other people's traceroutes are going to be
next to useless to you, unless you happen to be in charge of
routing for SWB.

Do you have your routing tables set up correctly? (netstat -rn)
Can you ping your default route?
Can you resolve the site name? (I get 192.147.174.116)
Is there filtering or a firewall that would be killing it?

-jeff
--
     Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years
and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of