Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: SVGAlib/Quake question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: SVGAlib/Quake question
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:00:13 +0000

> First off xquake won't run at all.

i could never get it working either

> squake has a problem with the mouse. When I ran from my account, the mouse
> didn't work at all. That was because I didn't have write access to /dev/psaux.

i had the same problem.  mouse works as root only.
tried setting psaux to 666 but that did not fix mine.
i've been using the -> keys :-(

> Got that fixed, but now the game acts like it's getting constant input from
> the
> mouse. It fires constantly (when I'm not touching the button) and keeps
> running
> uncontrollably in circles!

my guess would be the mouse.
when running as root my mouse works perfect.
it a low dollar dexxa three button.

--
phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos