Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: SVGAlib/Quake question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: SVGAlib/Quake question
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:14:34 -0600

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, you wrote:

> You need to go into your /etc/vga/libvga.conf I beleive and find what kind
> of mouse you have .

Well, I do have the right line uncommented...unless the line "mouse Microsoft"
implies some sort of a bus mouse rather then my generic PS/2 mouse (made by
Microsoft). I thought about that before and looked for a generic entry and
didn't find one.

Solved it this evening though. This msg made me think about it more and look
over the options. Sure enough, there was a "mouse PS2" entry which worked just
fine. "mouse Microsoft" must mean something else (like an old MS mouse with
it's own controller).

> reboot the machine for this to take effect, and this might help.

Reboot?? I'm not running Windows!?!

[Seriously, there's no need to reboot, you just rerun your SVGAlib application
after you make your changes.

So now I'm Quaking pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't have a good 3D
accellerator, so the graphics suck, but at least it's working. My intent is to
set up a little net game with my two computers (probably 3 later on). I picked
the original Quake 'cause it's HW requirements are a lot less then some of the
(much cooler) new games liike Unreal Tournament & Quake 3: Arena.

Thanks for the help!
Greg