Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: BeOS? What is it?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: BeOS? What is it?
From: John Alexander <john.alexander@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:43:33 -0600

One word, two syllables: bingo

When Jobs was originally named 'interim' CEO, he went through and hacked up
all of the projects on which Amelio was working. He even went so far as to
kill development on all of Gulley's projects, including the Newton, the only
part of the company that was showing any black ink at the time.
I don't remember with any certainty that the Rhapsody project was going to
run the Mach microkernel, but now, it sounds entirely logical. I do remember
that there were a few rumors about Rhapsody being loosely based on NeXTSTEP,
but was never able to find any technical details on the subject.

ja