Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Kernel question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Kernel question
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:50:03 -0600

Wayne White wrote:

> I just compiled 2.2.14. As I was going through the xconfig
> I never incountered an option to have PCMCIA. Did I just
> miss it or is it not in the stable kernels? I seem to
> remember it being an option in the 2.3.x kernel.

pcmcia are not in the 2.2 kernel, they are seperate modules, debian has
a package for it or you can d/l them from
ftp://hyper.stanford.edu/pub/pcmcia

check out the pcmcia HOW-To for more questions
ftp://hyper.stanfor.edu/pub/pcmcia/doc

--
Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC

  -- Brian Behlendorf on OSS (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and
Associates)