Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Getting Linux [ Was: Debian is `Favorite Distribu tion ' a

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Getting Linux [ Was: Debian is `Favorite Distribu tion ' according to Li nux Joural ]
From: glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:41:43 -0600 (CST)

On 29 Dec, Clint A. Brubakken wrote:
> Another alternative is you can instal by ftp for debian.
>
> You will need to make 7 disks for the base system, and after that use apt
> and dselect to install other packages, when you need them.

that's pretty much what i did on one of the computers at Tabor...  took
almost a day and a half on their 512k connection...   don't even want
to THINK how long that would take on my ~56k connection!  : ^ )

jesse

--
<<<Linux lloydix 2.2.13 #8 Wed Dec 22 02:31:05 CST 1999 i586 unknown>>>

Must destroy mankind!  (His watch
alarm goes off)  Ooh, lunchtime!

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Homer Goes To College