Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Debian is `Favorite Distribution' according to Linux Journal (

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Debian is `Favorite Distribution' according to Linux Journal (fwd)
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:59:09 -0600 (CST)

From debian-news...
>The most recent Linux Journal covers the `1999 Reader's choice
>awards'.  This year Debian GNU/Linux lead the choices in the category
>`Favorite Distribution'.  Debian GNU/Linux got 27.3% of votes.

I found this rather surprising... I expected Red Hat to win something like
this hands-down.  I have my reasons for running Debian, but I expected
visibility to make Red Hat the top choice.

Maybe the crowd that reads Linux Journal is a bit different than the
average Joe that wants to try Linux.  I suspect that there are more Red
Hat hobby installations than anything else.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
I sue you, you pay me, Lit-i-ga-tions fun, you'll see.