Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Millennium Pie

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Millennium Pie
From: The Kurgan <Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:44:09 -0600

 Millennium Pie (with apologies to Don McLean)
               A long, long time ago...
        I can still remember how
        Computers used to make me smile.
        And I knew if I had my chance,
        That I could make electrons dance,
        And maybe I'd be happy for a while.
               But January made me shiver,
        it chilled me deep down in my liver,
        Bad news I'd collected...
        I couldn't get connected.
               I can't remember back that day
        When I first knew the Y2K
        But something touched me anyway,
        The day computers died.
               So, ...Bye, bye to the digits
        of Pi, Ran my PC on some DC but the
        voltage was dry. And good ol' boys were sending
        e-mail replies
              Saying this will be the day that they
        die...this will be the day that they die
              Can you write in C plus plus?
        And do you have faith in your local bus
        If the driver tells you so ?
        Do you believe in Compaq's goals