Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Fonts and Browsers

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Fonts and Browsers
From: "Larry Bottorff" <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:29:07 -0600

I did find people talking about the X Font Server True Type, xfstt. Also
mentioned was xfsft, but it got bad install ratings. I'm hoping xfstt will
allow good scaling, although I still don't know what can be done about the
size discrepancy. Here's a helpful xfstt link:
http://www.brim.net/admin/truetype.html. I think I tried this on RH5.2 a
while back with mixed results: the fonts came through, but they were jaggy
and still the wrong sizes (50% too small). Hopefully this version's
better....