Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Fonts and Browsers

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Fonts and Browsers
From: "Larry Bottorff" <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:35:10 -0600

Does anyone have any information on fonts and especially how they render in
(what I assume to be the only Linux browser) Netscape? Compared to IE and
NS, NS on Linux always renders fonts shrunken (ca. 50% smaller) and jaggy.
Is there a 3rd-party font manager? Am I missing something? I would like to
go MS-free, but I can't knowing that my Web work renders completely
different in Windows-land. . . .

Larry Bottorff
Moundridge, Kansas
mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx